Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Ryan!

"Buddy", as I find myself calling him all the time now, is 1 today (or Sat, when I started this post)!  Took him a few minutes, but he thoroughly enjoyed his "chocolate chip" cake (supposed to be chocolate cake .. made it from scratch and when I added the baker's chocolate, it was too warm and coagulated into little chocolate chip pieces).  We had our friends Allison, Blake, Jack and Ella over for dinner and cake and they brought Ryan some hand-me-down gifts that Jack has outgrown, perfect!  We'll return the favor when Ella turns 1 in July.

Ryan enjoying his balloons (that we brought home in the stroller and got completely tangled in the wind)
Mmm ... cake!

Update on Ryan's skills:  In the last month, Ryan has mastered 4 signs and 4 animal sounds!  He LOVES animals, going outside (usually to hear dogs bark), and climbing ... the stairs, Reagan's kid chairs, Reagan's bed stairs, the footstool, then from the footstool to the couch!  Not so interested in walking though.  He'll comply a bit when we hold his hands and have him walk, but then he pulls away and reaches down (not falls, but reaches ... while balancing perfectly) to start crawling.  Someday he'll realize walking is faster and that he can actually do it.
I want to post 2 videos here, but there's no video option.  frustrating.  Hopefully I'll figure it out soon.
Video of 3 of his 4 signs: "more", "all done", "sleepy".  He also signs "outside" now too.

Video of 4 animal sounds: "woof", "sss", "ba", and "hoo"

1 comment:

  1. How adorable. I wish I could hop on a plane right now and help him learn to take his first prolonged steps as I was lucky enough to do with Reagan. Mel was in the shower, Cam at work, and Reagan decided to take something like eleven steps on her own with only me as witness! Go Ryan! I like calling him Happy Dude as his face lights up with delight and he's got the truly smiling eyes. Love, Grandma Laurie

    ReplyDelete