Monday, August 24, 2009

The Naked Family Story

The Scene - Pool, July 20, 2009, 7 pm:
Reagan's parent/tot swim lesson ends and kids and parents head into the locker rooms while other kids and parents settle on the bleachers for the next lesson. Reagan and I (and her friend Jack and his Dad) head into our respective locker rooms while Cam and Ryan (and Jack's Mom and baby sister) wait on deck. Cam picks up a fussy Ryan ... and reveals the biggest blowout in the west ... poop is everywhere!

Minutes later, Allison passes through the locker room letting me know what Cam's dealing with and that I should take my time, ha ha! After showering, I realize half our clothes are out in the stroller. I'm dressed from the waist up. Reagan's naked. I tell her to wait while I quickly run out (with a beach towel around me, this isn't that good of a story ... and there's no poop on our clothes, not that good of a story either). Cam has a mountain of dirty wipes next to him and is balancing a naked Ryan while scraping poop off into the pile of all-that-is-poopy. This pile is in his car seat, by the way ... bad sign.

Cam: "Can you just go stick him in the shower?"
Me: "No, I'm already dry!" (and it would freak him out and the water's too hot, I thought later)

I grab the clothes, start heading back, and see a naked Reagan walking toward me. "I wanted to come with you", she says. The parents on the bleachers are having a nice chuckle by this point. When we return, clothed, ...

Cam: "You're planning to throw that outfit [that he was wearing] away, right?"
Me: "No, that's Jack's, I have to give it back to Allison!"
Cam: "It's burried in there." (pointing to "the pile")

I carefully retrieve the onesie and with a good rinse, stain remover, and wash, it comes out pretty nice. They probably don't want it back though, having seen it in all it's glory.

Later that evening, a nature show is on TV and Reagan says: "Wow, what a beautiful sunset. That's the color of Ryan's poop."

No comments:

Post a Comment